To Make 8 Yorkshire Puddings :
- 2 eggs
- 2 Ounces of Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 15 ml of Olive Oil
- 60 ml Full Fat Milk
There are many recipes out there for making the perfect Yorkshire puddings, and most of them probably work.
Just take a look at these results, I challenge anybody Chef or not to do a better job of these.
the recipe is perfect and the results are better than anything I have seen out there.
This recipe was a trade secret of mine, but now I am sharing it with you.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing jug with a fork or a whisk.
- Add the flour and mix with a fork to form a thick paste.
- Mix in the Olive Oil.
- Add the milk and beat vigorously to form bubbles. The more milk you add the lighter the Yorkshire puddings will be, up to 60 ml
- Let this mixture rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Using a Yorkshire Pudding tin or a muffin tin, put 1 teaspoon of olive oil into each pudding mould.
- Heat the oil in a preheated oven @ 200 c for about 5 minutes so that the oil is hot but not smoking.
- Remove the oil from the oven and quickly fill each mould with approx. 1 Serving Spoon (60 ml) of Batter Mix.
- You want to fill the moulds to just about half and you should have an island of oil floating in the middle of the mix. If there is no oil floating on top then they will probably be misshaped.
- Put the tins back in the oven and turn the temperature up to 180 c. (Fan)
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes , so that the puddings are well risen and a golden brown colour.
You should get an Island of oil form in the middle of each tin when you pour the batter mix in ....