- 200 g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pt Full Fat Milk
- 50 - 100 ml Brown Ale / Beer
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons English Mustard
- 3 teaspoons of Plain Flour
- 50 g Salted Butter
Welsh Rarebit is a Traditional Welsh Recipe For Cheese on Toast.
Flavoured with local Beer , Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce
- Warm the milk in a microwave or a separate pan , do not boil just get it hot.
- Melt the butter in to a medium size saucepan.
- When the butter is melted add the flour and mix into a paste.
- Slowly add the warm milk a quart at a time and mix together with a wire whisk, adding more milk until the mixture is at a thick consistency - A thick sauce. This should require about 3 quarters of the milk.
- Add the Beer , Worcestershire sauce & Mustard to the pan and mix together.
- When the sauce it bubbling and hot add your cheese and mix in. Allow the cheese to melt fully then remove the sauce from the heat and decant into a cooling dish.
- Leave to cool for a few hours until the Rarebit is set.
' Use this paste to spread on fresh crusty toast and melt under the grill until brown ,serve with poached egg's and crispy Bacon .... '