- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large Red onion
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 red peppers
- 1 green pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1 x 400 g tin of cannellini beans
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
Being Vegan can sometimes be difficult when it comes to finding new and exciting recipes. That doesn't mean that all of the best food is out of bounds.
Take this sweet potato & Carrot Chilli con Carne with white beans. it has to be one of the most tasty chilli's I have ever made or eaten. Packed full of vegetable goodness and the sweet potato and spice combination give it a little kick and a lot of flavour.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and the carrots. Throw them in a baking tray, drizzle them with oil and cook them in a preheated oven at 180 c for about 40 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking prepare the rest of the veg , dice the onion, dice both peppers, chop the spring onions.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large wok then add the onions, peppers and coriander stalks. Cook them on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the Cinnamon, Cumin, Paprika and chilli powder to the wok, mix with a wooden spoon.
- When the potatoes and carrots are cooked remove from the oven and add to the wok mixing all of the ingredients together.
- Finally add the tin of chopped tomatoes and cannellini beans to the wok.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Serve with some fluffy rice and maybe some guacamole on the side ....