- 60 g of salted butter
- 1 tsp of lazy garlic
- 60 g of tomato paste
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 15 ml Lemon Juice
- 450 g Large Button Mushrooms or mixed wild mushrooms
- 100 g Cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml Double cream
- 25 g Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 100 - 200 g baby spinach
- basil (for garnish)
This Tuscan Mushroom recipe is sometimes called Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Mushrooms and is a delicious vegetarian option, great as a weeknight dinner as they only take 30 minutes to cook and can be served as a quick snack on toasted ciabatta bread or served with pasta, rice or even couscous.
This recipe for Tuscan Mushrooms should serve two easily but will stretch to four if served as a main meal with pasta, rice or Couscous.
- Melt the butter in a thick bottomed pan and add the garlic. Cook for a few minutes
- You can cut your cherry tomatoes in half's while the garlic is cooking.
- Add the Tomato paste to the pan and mix it together with the garlic and butter. cook for a few minutes longer.
- Mix in the tin of chopped tomatoes and allow them to simmer for a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, so that the mushrooms become soft and the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the lemon juice, allow the cheese to melt into the mushrooms.
- Mix in the double cream and simmer for a further 5 minutes so that the sauce thickens.
- Drop the spinach in and allow to wilt for a few minutes.
' Serve this with Rice or Pasta or as a topping for a toasted Chiabbata bread '