- 2 Tins of Tuna chunks
- 150 g of Breadcrumbs
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of lemon Juice
- 15 ml (1 tbs) of Tartare Sauce
- 2 eggs
- Olive Oil for cooking
'These Tuna Burgers are a healthy alternative to minced beef , and the taste delicious ... '
'Packed full of protein they are a great snack if you are weight training and looking for a protein snack.... '
- Grate up your 50 g of Parmesan cheese and process the 150 g of fresh breadcrumbs. Next you need to peel and chop up the two spring onions. Set these ingredients aside.
- Drain the two tins of tuna then tip the tuna into a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork mash the tuna so that there are no big chunks.
- Tip in the breadcrumbs, cheese and spring onion then mix the lot together with a fork.
- Add the black pepper , Tartar sauce and lemon juice. Mix this together.
- At this point you need to bind the mixture together with the eggs, just crack them straight into the bowl and mix it all together with a fork until the eggs are incorporated and the mix starts to form a large pattie.
- Get your hands into the bowl and combine it all together into one large pattie.
- You need to refrigerate this for 30 minutes to 1 hr.
- Heat some oil in a griddle pan on the stove.
- Divide the mixture into 4 smaller patties., each should be around 100 g. Flatten them out with your hands into a burger shape.
- Drop the burgers into the hot pan and fry off on each side for a few minutes.
- All you need to do here is give them a nice colour and get them warm, remember these burgers could be eaten cold as the tuna is tinned.
- When the burgers are browned on either side serve them in a bun with some fresh salad and tartar sauce, or you can just eat them with a fork.