- 2 x 400 g tins Of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 x 400 g tin of Baked Beans
- 5 pickled Onions
- Splash of Onion Juice (25 ml)
- 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 15 -20 fresh Basil Leaves
- 350 ml Strong Vegetable Stock
' What could be more heart warming than Tomato Soup ! How about a home made Tomato Soup ? .
Probably the favourite soup of all time , this rather off the shelfrecipe will have you reaching for more bread to soak up all that lovely tomato flavour ... '
- Put the chopped tomatoes, Baked Beans , pickled onions and Basil leaves in a pan and cook slowly for 20 minutes.
- Add a good splash (25 ml ) of the pickled onion juice to the pan.
- Next you need to make up 350 ml of strong vegetable stock using a tablespoon of veg bouillon.
- when the soup has been simmering for 20 mins decant the soup into a food processor and blitz it to a pulp, so that it is smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan and simmer on a low heat while you season it with Salt & Pepper
- Add Vegetable stock to the pan and whisk in well.
- If you want a thicker soup add a little less stock and if you want it a bit thinner just add a bit more.
'Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh crusty bread....'