Cream of Tomato Soup
' What could be more heart warming than Tomato Soup ! How about a home made Tomato Soup ? .
Probably the favourite soup of all time , this classic Italian recipe will have you reaching for more bread to soak up all that lovely tomato flavour ... '
- 800 g Plumb Tomatoes
- 200 g Spanish Tomatoes#
- 50 g Butter
- 750 ml Water
- 1 Brown Onion
- 2 Potatoes
- 100 ml Single Cream
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Peel and dice the onion
- Quarter the Spanish Tomatoes.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan then add the onions and fry until soft.
- Once onions are soft add all of the tomatoes to the pan and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Season the tomatoes with salt & Pepper
- Add the water then add the potatoes.
- Cook for 1 hr , until potatoes are just soft.
- Puree the soup and decant into a smaller saucepan , return to the heat and add 100 ml of single cream.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
'Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh crusty bread....'