Toad in the Hole
- 6 Pork Sausages
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces of flour
- 1 serving spoon () of olive oil
- 2 serving spoons () of full fatmilk
What is Toad in the Hole ? Well it is sausages baked in a Yorkshire pudding, where the name came from is any body's guess.
The recipe here is simple, you just need to make the perfect Yorkshire pudding batter.
- First thing to do is make a quality Yorkshire Pudding Mix. Get the Eggs cracked and into a bowl.
- Mix with a fork.
- Add the Flour and combine with the eggs until a thick batter is formed.
- Add the Olive oil and the Milk to the Batter.
- Mix well with a fork or a whisk until small bubbles are formed .
- Leave the mix to rest for 30 minutes.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil into an oven dish.
- Cut your sausages in half and get them in the dish, cook in the oven @ 180 c for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sausages and cover them with the Yorkshire pudding Batter.
- Turn the oven to 200 c , return the dish and cook for another 25 minutes or until the batter is well risen