Chicken Tikka Masala
' Chicken Tikka Masala , an Indian curry that has been designed to appeal to the Western pallet. This is probably the most popular Indian dish , along with a Korma known to Western man. '
That said , there are many more curry dishes that have become more and more popular over recent years as Indian cuisine becomes more embedded into our culture. '
- 1 - 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 - 2 Brown Onions
- 2 garlic cloves / 1 tsp lazy garlic
- 30 g Butter
For the curry paste:
- 1 teaspoon Ground Fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Ginger Paste
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Puree
To finish the Tikka :
- 10 - 15 g Tomato Puree (2 teaspoons )
- 1 tablespoons Coconut Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Single Cream
- Cut the chicken breast into medium cubes.
- Dice up your Onion into a container and add the garlic to it.
For the curry paste :
- Add all of the curry paste ingredients into a small mixing dish.
Cooking the curry:
- Melt the butter in a frying pan , then add the onions & garlic and cook until soft - about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the cooked onions , mix together with a wooden spoon and cover for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover, the chicken will have made a lot of extra juice. Mix in all of the dry ingredients you made up earlier. Mix well into the chicken with a wooden spoon.
- Recover the pan , and leave to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan , then add the single cream to the tikka and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the coconut yogurt to the curry , and mix with the spoon.
- Finally add your tomato paste and mix in.
- Cook for a further 5 - 10 minutes.
'Serve with pialu rice and naan bread ... '