Sweet 'n' Sour Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of pineapple juice (60 ml)
- 4 tablespoon white wine vinegar (60 ml)
- 40 g Soft brown Sugar
- 8 tablespoons of ketchup (120 ml)
- 4 tablespoon of light soy sauce (60 ml )
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Splash of water
This Sweet 'n' Sour sauce is ideal for crispy chicken in batter or as a dip for spring Rolls.
This sticky Chinese sauce is an iconic dip served with a Chinese takeaway.
Learn the secret to making this Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- In a small pan add together the Pineapple juice , Vinegar , Sugar , Ketchup and Soy Sauce.
- Mix together and bring to the boil.
- Mix the cornflour with some water to form a thin paste.
- When the ingredients are simmering , add the cornflour mix a little at a time mixing continually until the mixture is at the right consistency.