- 1 Butterflied Chicken Breast.
- Soft cheese (Garlic & Herb)
- 4 RashersSmoked Back Bacon
For the Marinade :
- 25 ml of Balsamic Vinegar
- 25 ml Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Smoked Paprika
- 25 g Tomato Paste (Puree)
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (A pinch)
- 1 tablespoon of Rapeseed Oil
' Marinaded in a spicy Balsamic glaze these Chicken roulades are delicious. Stuffed with Garlic and Herb cream cheese and smoked back bacon lardons then wrapped in a bacon blanket. Sealed in a griddle pan and then cooked to perfection in the oven. '
- Butterfly your chicken breast, then cover each half in grease proof paper and flatten out by tenderising it with a rolling pin until the Chicken is flat. Do this for both half's.
- Slice and cut 2 of the rashers into Lardons (Small diced pieces )
For the Marinade :
- Put the rapeseed oil into a saucepan , and heat up.
- Add the paprika and mix together.
- Next mix in the Balsamic vinegar , Soy sauce and Brown Sugar.
- Allow the mixture to come to the boil , then reduce it to a simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering add the Chilli Flakes and then the Tomato Paste (Puree). Mix together to form a thick marinade.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Making the Roulades :
- Lay the flattened Chicken breast on a board.
- Add a teaspoon of the soft cheese to the centre of the chicken , then put a good amount of the Bacon Lardons on top of the cheese.
- Roll the chickens into roulades.
- Wrap the roulade in a rasher of bacon and pin together with a large skewer.
- Baste each roulade in the marinade sauce so that they are fully coated.
- Cook the Chickens in a hot griddle pan for about 5 minutes each side, until the are well marked and part cooked. Turning the roulades so that all sides are well sealed.
- Finish the Roulades off in a preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes at 180 c , or until the chicken is fully cooked.
' You can add some BBQ Sauce to the remaining marinade mix to make a delicious , smoky sauce to drizzle over the Roulades ... '