Sesame Seed Burger Buns
- 420 g Strong White flour
- 175 ml Warm Water
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 25 g of Salted Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 12 g Dried Yeast
- 1 Egg
- Sesame Seeds
- Egg Wash with 25 ml Water
- Mix the Yeast and Sugar in the warm water and set aside to wake up the yeast (About 10 minutes)
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the salt, mix together with your hands.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a microwave for a few seconds , until it is a liquid.
- Add the Yeast mix , eggs and melted butter to the flour, then mix together to form a sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and knead for around 10 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Put the dough into a clean bowl and cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for about an hour. The dough should double in size by the end of this. (This may take longer depending on the temperature of the room )
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knock it back.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces , roll each piece into a ball then flatten out to about 3 " in diameter with the palm of your hand.
- Cover a baking tray with a sheet of lightly greased baking paper
- Place the pieces onto a baking tray , leaving a minimum of 1 " between each roll to allow for expansion.
- Cover and allow to prove for 45 minutes, until the rolls have puffed up. (Again this depends on how warm your kitchen is. Can take up to a few hours.)
- Mix 1 egg with 25 ml of water.
- Brush each roll with the egg wash, so that the sesame seeds will stick to the buns.
- Shake sesame seeds over the buns so that the tops are well covered.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 170 c for 12 - 15 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.