- 275 g self Raising Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 85 g Butter
- 25 g Caster Sugar
- 150 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg ( For Washing)
Delicious Home Made Scones, ideal for the Perfect cream Tea.
Rich and Buttery Scones best served With clotted cream and Jam. Easy to make and easier to eat, the perfect Tea Party Food for afternoon tea.
- Heat the oven to 200 c
- Line a baking trays with parchment.
- Mix the flour, salt and Baking powder together in a large bowl so that all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Then break up the soft butter into the bowl and work into a breadcrumb consistency with your fingers. Don't worry about over working this too much, a few lumps of butter will not hurt.
- Mix in the Caster Sugar
- Mix the vanilla extract and the milk together then add this to the dry mix.
- Work this mixture into a dough, if you find it is too sticky ( If it sticks to your hands) add a bit more flour until it dries up a bit.
- Cover this and leave it to rest for 30 minuets.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface so that is is between 1 and 2 inches thick. The thicker the dough is at this stage the larger your scone will be.
- Using a 7.5 cm cake cutter , cut out as many scones as you can, then re roll the remaining dough and repeat the process.
- You can brush the top of the scones with a little egg wash if you like, to help them go brown.
- Place the scones on the baking tray then cook in a pr heated oven @ 200 c for 15 minutes.
- Let the scones cool down on a wire cake rack for about 20 minutes before serving them with thick clotted cream and jam.