Home Made Sausage Meat
- 500 g Pork Shoulder
- 2 teaspoons of Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 25 g Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon (3.5 g) of Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg (2 - 3 g)
Before you can make sausages you need to make a good sausage meat recipe.
I have used this recipe in my own homemade sausages and it tastes really good, it is a bit spicy like a Cumberland Sausage.
- Make sure that the Pork is very cold before you start.
- Remove the fat from the meat and then cut the pork into cubes.
- Fill the Mincer with the pork cubes and mince the meat (Follow the meat mincer instructions.)
- When all of the meat is minced it is time to mince all of the fat you cut off earlier.
- With wastage you should be left with about 400 - 450 g of minced Pork & Fat.
- Put the Mince in a large mixing bowl and add the Sage , Pepper , Breadcrumbs , Salt and Nutmeg.
- Mix together with your hands so that all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.