SAUSAGE & BEAN RISOTTO
- 220 g of Base Risotto
- 2 Fresh Sausages (Any Flavour)
- 1 Tin of Baked Beans
- 1 Cup Veg Stock
- 25 g Salted Butter
' Many people believe that the Risotto is a dish best left to the professionals..... Rubbish , The only secret to a great Risotto is the quality of the stock you use, so once you have your base risotto made this Sausage & Bean version is as simple as chips '
When making this risotto , or any other risotto for that matter it is important to get as much flavour as you can into your stock. If you are making your risotto from scratch then when you are adding the stock to the rice , only ever stir it in one direction as this helps get the starch out of the rice and the flavour in.
- Skin the sausages and then roll the meat into small sausage balls , should get about 20
- In a large frying pan , melt the butter then add the sausage balls.
- Save a tablespoon of juice from the beans , then drain off the rest and run the beans under cold water to remove the rest of the juice.
- When the Sausage balls are cooked remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan add the ' Base Risotto' and a ladle of stock and the bean juice.
- Mix up the risotto ,stock and bean juice cook until hot.
- Add the beans to the risotto and mix in , Cook until piping hot.
'Serve in a bowl with some chives....'