- 6 Pork Sausages (cut in half's)
- 25 g Beef Dripping
- 1 Peparami
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Sage
- 1 tablespoon of Paprika
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 Tin of Baked Beans
- 125 ml Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato Puree
- 50 ml Brown Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 15 ml of White Wine Vinigar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Chilli flakes
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Melt the fat in an oven proof casserole pot (Cast Iron flame proof pot ) [Get the pot HERE ]
- Fry the Onions , Peppers and Carrots , cover and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Crumble in the Beef Stock Cube , Chilli Flakes , Sage and Paprika. Mix together then cover and simmer for a further 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add the Peparami and the sausage half's to the pot.
- Mix the lot together so that all of the sausages are coated with the veg and spice.
- Cover the pot and allow it to simmer on a low heat for 10 - 20 minutes , so that the sausages are starting to cook.
- While the sausages are cooking make up the liquor by mixing the Ketchup , Brown sauce , vinigar and Brown sugar in a jug.
- By now the sausages should have been cooking for around 10 minutes, check them and leave them a bit longer if you feel they are not cooked enough.
- Add the tin of Chopped Tomatoes to the Pot and mix in well.
- Add the tin of Baked Beans and mix well.
- Mix in the liquor that you made earlier with Ketchup , Sugar etc. to the pot.
- Combine all of the ingredients well by mixing with a wooden spoon.
- Put the lid back on the pot and cook in a preheated oven @170 c (fan) for about 40 minutes.