Salted Caramel Sauce
To Make The Caramel
- Put all of the sugar into a saucepan and start to warm it on a medium heat.
- After a few minutes, when the sugar is warm add the butter and whisk it in.
- You need to whisk this continuously until all of the sugar has dissolved and a sticky sauce has developed.
- Turn down the heat and slowly add the cream. Be careful as the caramel might spit at this stage. Mix the cream in fully.
- Add the Vanilla extract and Salt , then continue stirring with a whisk.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature before using.
- The Caramel will thicken as it cools.
This is great as a sauce to drizzle over a pudding, or for filing a Fondant cake...