- You will need 4 mini metal pudding moulds to make these fondants. Coat all around the inside of the moulds with butter, then dust the inside with cocoa powder.
- Preheat your oven to 180 c.
- Melt the Chocolate and the butter in a Bain Marie ( A heat proof bowl over a pan of hot water ) stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl whisk together the Eggs , Egg yolks , Sugar and Vanilla Extract using an electric whisk. Do this until the mixture has doubled in volume and is thick enough to form soft peaks with a fork.
- Add the egg and sugar mixture to the chocolate and butter , then whisk together.
- Fold in the flour and mix well so that a runny sponge mixture forms.
- Empty this mixture into a measuring jug.
- Pour about 1" of mixture into each pudding mould.
- On top of this you need to add 1 tablespoon of cooled salted caramel sauce on top of the sponge mix.
- Top up the moulds with the rest of the mixture to about 1" from the top.
- Put the moulds on a baking tray then bake in the oven for 15 - 18 minutes so that the sponge rises a little above the top of the moulds.
' Loosen with a knife around the edgesthen turn out on to a plate , serve with cream or Creme en Glace '