- 500 g Mash potato
- 1 Tin or 250 g Pink Salmon
- 1 large bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon of lemon grass paste
- 2 teaspoons of Tartar Sauce
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g flour
- 2 eggs
- splash of milk
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
' Salmon fishcakes , packed with lemon , capers and gherkins. Coated in crispy golden breadcrumbs.
These fishcakes are easy to make with a tin of fresh salmon , some mash potato and a few other simple ingredients.
You have to give these a go if you are a fish lover. '
- Get the salmon into a colander to drain in the sink .
- Put the mash potato into a large mixing bowl and mash up with your hands.
- Chop up the coriander and then mix in to the mash.
- Add the lemon grass paste & Tartar sauce to the mash and mix together.
- Mash up your salmon with a fork and then add to the potato and mix well.
- Once well mixed , on a floured board roll out and flatten in to fishcakes (about 1 inch deep x 4 inch diameter )
- Refrigerate for about an hour until set and cold.
- Fill up two flat containers , one with the breadcrumbs , one with flour. Mix the two eggs and milk into a third and set all three aside.
- Put enough olive oil into a pan to make a shallow pool, and get hot.
- Coat a fishcake in the flour mix , then into the egg mix and finally get it covered in the breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the fishcake on either side for about 10 minutes , until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Do this for all fishcakes , then bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until cooked through.
' Serve with some creamy mash , a slice of lemon & Parsley sauce.... '