Sage & Sausage Parcels
- 100 g Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix
- 200 g Sausage Meat (4 Sausages)
- 175 ml Boiling Water
- 25 g Butter
- Streaky Bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
Every Christmas I am looking for new ideas to spice up the Christmas lunch.
These savoury sage and sausage parcels are the perfect surprise this Christmas.
- If using sausages then skin them and put the meat into a container.
- Add the black pepper and mix it together with the sausage meat with your hands.
- Make up the Sage & Onion Stuffing mix with the water.
- Add the butter to the stuffing and mix together with a fork.
- Leave the stuffing to cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sausage meat into the stuffing.
- Using a standard desert spoon , scoop out about 50 g of mixture for each stuffing parcel.
- Form into a rough ball then wrap in the streaky bacon.
- Do this until all of the stuffing is used up.
- You should get around 20 parcels.
- Stand each parcel on its end on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 c for 25 minutes or until the stuffing is brown.
These parcels are a great alternative to Pigs 'n' blankets for that perfect Christmas Lunch ...