Roasted Sprouts with Mixed Nuts & Bacon
You either love em' or you hate em ' Sprouts. How ever you feel about them Sprouts are as much a part of Christmas as Turkey.
Sprouts don't have to be boring either. It is popular to cook your Sprouts or green veg with Bacon and Nuts.
We are going to roast our Sprouts in the oven with Bacon and mixed nuts.
Christmas is a time for imagination , not just for the Children but for us adults as well. So lets put some imagination into this season , and create some great dishes.
- 500 - 600 g of fresh Sprouts
- 100 g of Mixed Nuts (slightly crushed - optional )
- 100 g of Bacon Lardons (or chopped bacon)
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil , then add the Sprouts and simmer for 10 minutes so that the sprouts are just cooked.
- Drain the sprouts into a colander and allow them to air dry.
- While the Sprouts are drying , put the bacon lardons into a frying pan and fry for a few minutes so that the bacon starts to produce it's own fat.
- Cut the Sprouts in half and add to the bacon.
- Add the Nuts.
- Fry and mix together for 5 minutes.
- Put the Sprouts , Bacon & Nut mix into an oven proof dish.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the sprouts have a crispy skin.
- Season with Salt & Pepper to taste