- 2k of Potatoes
- 60 - 75 mlOlive Oil
- Sage (Fresh)
- Salt for seasoning
- Prep the potatoes by peeling them and cutting the big ones in half, you can leave the little ones whole.
- Get a large pan of salted water on the stove and get those potatoes in the pan.
- Leave the spuds to soak in the salted water for 30 minutes.
- Get the heat under the pan and bring the water to a boil, leave the potatoes to boil for 5 minutes, so that the potatoes are slightly soft on the outside.
- Drain them into a colander and let them dry out and cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large backing tray in the oven until it is piping hot.
- When the potatoes are fully dry put them back into the dry saucpan, get the lid on it and shake them around for a bit. The harder you shake them the fluffier they will become.
- When the spuds are as fluffy as you want them tip them into the hot oil in the baking try and get them fully coated in the hot oil by turning them and shaking them in the oil.
- Rip up the fresh Sage and mix it into the roast potatoes.
- Roast in the oven at 180 c for 45 minutes to 1hr, remember to shake them up once or twice during the cooking.
- When they are deliciously brown & crispy you can serve them straight from the pan or reheat them in the oven at a later date.
These Roast Potatoes are delightfuly fluffy and crispy on the outside.