Roast Leg of Lamb
I love Roast Lamb , full of flavour a succulent joint of meat that makes for the perfect Sunday Roast.
Traditionally served with Mint Sauce Roast Leg of Lamb is the perfect lamb For Sunday
- This recipe uses a 1.8 - 2 kg Leg of Lamb
- Leave the joint out at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Heat a little olive oil in a shallow griddle pan and add some dry rosemary to the pan. Bring up the heat so that the oil is hot.
- Put the Leg of Lamb into the pan, be careful as the Lamb will most likely spit a lot at this stage.
- Let the joint cook for a few minutes before turning, seal the joint on all sides for a few minutes, get it well coated with the rosemary oil, this should take about 10 minutes.
- While you are sealing the joint, put a good splash of extra virgin oil and a tablespoon of honey into a roasting tin.
- Heat the tin in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Put the Lamb on the roasting tray and cover with the fat from the griddle pan, take care with this as it will spit quite a bit.
- Cook the lamb in a preheated oven at 150 c for 2 hours.
- Half way through the cooking time it is a good idea to take the joint out and baste it over the top with the cooking juice.
- I do not cover the joint in foil as I like a slightly crispy joint.
- When the lamb is cooked take it out of the oven and let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.