- 1 Onion
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy Garlic
- 150 ml Dry White Wine
- 1.5 litres of Water
- 2 Carrots , 2 Onions , 1 Parsnip , 1 tomato , 2 sticks of celery , 1 leek , 1 Potato , 2 spring Onions (For Stock)
- 1 tablespoon of Veg Bouillon
- 350 g Risotto Rice
- 25 g Butter
- Splash Olive Oil
You can make risotto many ways, in this recipe I am going to show you how to make a basic risotto that you can turn into any risotto recipe at a later date.
- Without peeling , chop up all the veg and add to a large saucepan .
- Mix in the veg bouillon.
- Add the water , and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 25 mins , then drain the vegetable stock into a jug and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan , melt the butter & Oil.
- Fry off the onions and Garlic in the pan until soft.
- Add the wine , and reduce by half.
- Add all of the risotto rice.
- Add the veg stock to the rice a ladle full at a time and mix in with a wooden spoon.
- As the liquid is absorbed by the rice , add another ladle stirring all of the time. Continue doing this until you have added about 2 and a half pints of stock.
- When the rice is just off crunchy , remove from the heat and condense into a container and allow to cool.
- Keep refrigerated
This base risotto is meant to be a little under cooked and not runny so that you can use it as a base for making other risotto....