'French cuisine is renowned for its diversity and originality , from classic soups to fine pate . One dish often forgotten is the classic vegetable dish , Ratatouille . Simple to make and even easier to eat , this dish is ideal for vegetarians as a starter or a light main course. . '
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Brown Onion
- 2 Courgettes
- 1 Egg Plant
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy Garlic
- 100 ml Tomato Puree
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 -4 Bay leafs
- 200 ml Vegetable Stock
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning.
For the Veg :
- Dice up the onion , peppers , courgettes and egg plant .
- Fry off the egg plant & Courgettes in olive oil & salt and set aside in a cast iron casserole dish.
For the Sauce :
- Fry off the onion , peppers & Garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add the tomato paste and mix together well.
- Then add enough veg stock to make a thick sauce , mixing together with a wooden spoon.
Making the Ratatouille :
- Get the heat under the casserole dish , and start warming the egg plant & Courgettes.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and mix in well.
- Next add the sauce mix to the casserole dish and season with pepper.
- Mix together well , then cover and cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
' Serve as a starter or a light main course ... '