- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy Garlic
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- Bunch of Fresh Basil
- 50 ml Pasata
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 Bay leaves
Ragu sauce is the corner stone of many Italian pasta dishes.
' This Ragu is an authentic Italian ragurecipe that is perfect for making spaghetti bolognese or Italian Meatballs. I have used it on Pizza and in a meatball Calzone. '
- Slice and Dice the Onion and carrot into small cubes.
- Fry the Onion and Carrot in a little olive oil until soft.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes , Pasata , Tomato Paste & Garlic
- Add the chopped Basil
- Season with salt & Pepper
- Add the Bay Leaves
- Cover and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Blend the mixture in a food processor.