For the Pastry :
- Empty the Flour into a bowl.
- Add the butter a cube at a time, until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the water half at a time with a fork, then form into a ball with your hands.
- Chill for 30 Mins.
To Blind bake the case :
- Roll out the pastry to fit the Quiche tin.
- Fit the pastry to the tin , then fit a piece of baking parchment into the pastry.
- Fill the parchment with Baking Beans or Use a 250 g Leo Dried peas (These work just as well ). Fit the peas and parchment to the pastry case.
- Bake in the oven @180 c for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Remove the parchment and the peas.
For The Quiche :
- Dice up the Onion and the Bacon , then fry them off in a pan with a splash of oil.
- Beat up the eggs in a mixing jug
- Add the Cream & Milk and mix together
- Mix in the Nutmeg & Pepper
- Add the Cheese and Half the bacon & Onion mix.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Fill the Quiche case with the mixture , making sure that you get plenty of the bacon & Onions into the case.
- Add the rest of the Bacon & Onions to the top of the quiche.
- Back in a preheated oven @170 c for 40 minutes.
' You can eat this quiche hot or cool it down and eat it cold as a snack , straight from the fridge ...... '