- 1 kg Peeled and Diced Pumpkin
- 4 Diced Shallots
- 50 g Ginger Puree (Paste )
- 5 g Ground Ginger Powder
- 1 litre of Vegetable Stock
- 1 bunch Chives (Chopped)
- 1 Bunch of Mint (Chopped)
- Olive Oil
- 125 ml Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
' As we say goodbye to the summer and the Autumn leaves are starting to turn, October brings Halloween.
Trick 'n' Treat , Toffee Apples , Ghosts 'n' Ghouls.
What better way to keep warm this Halloween than a spicy Pumpkin and Ginger Soup ?
- Add a generous amount of Olive Oil to a large Pan.
- Add the diced up Pumpkin , Shallots and Ginger to the pan and Saute for 5 - 10 minutes , until the pumpkin has started to soften.
- Add the Vegetable Stock , Coconut Milk , Chilli flakes and Pepper to the pan and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Bring the pan to the boil , then simmer for about 1 hr until the pumpkin is soft enough for a knife to go through it easily.
- Remove from the heat and blitz in a food processor to a puree. Return to a fresh pan and reheat slowly.
Serve with fresh mint leaves and Sour Cream .....