Pumpkin Deviled Eggs
- 6 Fresh eggs
- 80 g Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
Devilled eggs are also known as Russian Eggs or dressed eggs.
These are a special Halloween version that have been shaped to look like pumpkins. With tiny chive stalks they are a Halloween treat.
- Boil the eggs in a pan until they are hard boiled, this should take around 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool the eggs down by running them under cold water for 10 minutes.
- Crack the egg shells so that they can be peeled.
- Always peel the eggs from the round end NOT the pointed end.
- When the eggs are peeled slice them in half, down the edge then remove the yolks into a container.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and add the Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard & Lemon juice.
- Mash the yolks well, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Using a spoon divide the yolk mixture to fill the hollow eggs. Try to make it as smooth and even as possible.
- Chill the eggs for 30 minutes.
- Dust the egg yolk filling with paprika, try not to get too much on the egg whites.
- Then using a fork lightly press into the yolk mixture to make a pumpkin texture, don't press too hard.
- Chop your chive into small lengths then press them into the top of the yolk mixture to make the pumpkin stalk.