For the Wonton Wrappers :
- 8 oz Semolina
- 100 ml Water
For the Filling :
- 450 g Minced Pork
- 100 g of Shredded Green Cabbage
- 85 g of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy Garlic
- 2 Spring onions , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste or fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon of Sweet Chilli Sauce (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 36 won ton wrappers (Homemade)
- 150 ml Olive Oil
PotStickers are basically Oriental dumplings made with minced pork and Cabbage . Other ingredients can also be added to this recipe.
They are also known as Gyoza - The main difference is that Potstickers are Chinese and Gyoza are Japanese , but they are essentially the same.
Potstickers & Gyoza are wrapped in a Won Ton Wrapper which is basically pasta made with flour , egg and water. However, I will be making the Won Ton Wrapper with Semolina & Water.
For the Won Ton Wrappers :
- Mix the Semolina with the water in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a fork until a crumbly dough forms.
- Form together with your hands, then knead for 5 - 7 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Cover and rest for 1 hr.
For the Filling :
- Mix the Pork , Cabbage , Spring Onions & Mushrooms in a large bowl. Mix together well so that all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the Garlic, Hoisin , Ginger , Sweet Chilli , Pepper & Chilli flakes. Mix together well with your hands so that is is all well combined. Take about 5 -7 minutes doing this.
Cooking & Making the Potstickers :
- Place the Wonton wrappers on a floured surface.
- Add 1 teaspoon of meat filling per wrapper.
- When all the wrappers are full , wet around the edges of the wrappers with a little water.
- Fold the wrappers into half moon shapes.
- Crimp the edges of the potstickers then place on a lightly floured tray.
- Heat up about 150 ml of oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the Potstickers for about 3 to 4 minutes until the bottom is brown.
- Place the Potstickers on a baking tray and baste them with the hot oil they were cooked in.
- Cook in a preheated oven @ 160 for around 20 - 25 minutes.
' Serve with Sweet Chilli dipping sauce or Soy . These bad boys are delicious .... '