- 600 g Leeks
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- 1 Brown Onion
- 850 ml water
- salt & pepper for seasoning
' A classic Leek & Potato Soup. This is the easiest recipe in the world to follow. There is no fuss and no secrets to this, just leeks and potatoes with a bit of seasoning and this soup tastes delicious every time. '
- Slice up your leeks and dice up your potatoes. Dice up the Onion.
- Put the sliced and diced ingredients into a large pan , add 150 ml water and bring to the boil , then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan , warm up the other 700 ml water until boiling.
- When hot , add the 700 ml of water to the leek and potatoes , cover and leave to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- You can now puree all of the mix or half of the mix in a food processor , depending on how smooth you want your soup.
- Add the puree back to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
'Serve with some fresh crusty bread.... '