Pine Nut Pesto
- 50 g Pine Nuts
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Large bunch (30 -50 g ) Fresh Basil
- 150 ml Olive oil
- Splash of Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper
Although this pesto is made with pine nuts you can use Cashew nuts just as well , and they are a bit cheaper.
This Pine nut pesto recipe requires a food blender or processor to get the pesto chopped up.
I like to use this pesto for adding to homemade pasta for a verde.
- Lightly toast your Pine Nuts in a hot frying pan for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese or chop into small pieces.
- Rip up the Basil.
- Put the Pine Nuts , Basil , Garlic , Oil & Cheese into a Food Processor and process until it becomes a smooth Pesto.
- Season with Salt & Pepper , then mix in a splash of lemon juice to taste.
' For a thicker Pesto try reducing the oil from 150 ml to 100 ml , You can play around a bit with this one .... '