- 300 g Plain Flour
- 100 g Semolina
- 50 ml Olive Oil
- 25 ml water
- 3 Eggs
- Flour for dusting
- Sieve the Flour and Semolina into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the olive oil and water.
- Mix with a fork for a few minutes, then add the eggs to the mix.
- Continue mixing with a fork until the dough starts to stick together.
- Get the dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least half hour or over night if you like.
- When you are ready to use the pasta, remove from the fridge, and roll out with a rolling pin until flat enough to pass through a pasta machine.
' Pasta originated in Italy , and is a staple part of the Italian cuisine.
There are many forms of pasta , but most of it all starts with some eggs , flour and water. And of course a pasta machine.
There are of course other methods of making this versatile dish , and I use oil and semolina in my pasta.
So whether you are making Tagliatelle , Tortellini or Spaghetti you are going to need to make at least a basic pasta dough.
Some of my favourite pasta dishes are :
Lasagne , Carbonara and Tortellini . '