- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 1 bowl of beer batter mix
- 500 ml Vegetable Oil
' What a great side dish , the battered onion ring ... You can have these with any meal or just as a snack on their own. '
Making these couldn't be easier , 1 onion and some batter. That may be a slight over simplification but that is basically it, and these are going to taste great .
- Peel the onion , and slice it into rings. You should get about 20 good size rings from 1 onion.
- Put about 6 -8 rings into a container of corn flour, cover and shake to cover.
- From the corn flour , place all of the onion rings into the batter , and dip with a fork until fully coated.
- With the oil at 180 c , drop each onion ring into the pan with a fork. When it floats, add the next until all the onion rings are in.
- Cook for about 5 -6 minutes, then drain on a piece of kitchen roll.
' Serve these as a snack , or as a side ... '