' The ultimate Indian comfort food , these bhaji's are great as a starter or as a light bite when you are not feeling that hungry. '
Made with onions , flour and a few spices they are dead easy to make , and even easier to eat especially with some yogurt and mint dip or mango chutney .
- 1 Brown onion
- 5 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons of hot curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 100 ml water
- Oil for frying
- Peel and slice up the onion into thin slices.
- Mix together with the salt in a mixing bowl , until the onion is well separated.
- Add all of the other spices to the bowl and mix together well.
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix up the ingredients.
- Then add the water, mix in with a fork until a thick paste is formed.
- Heat the Oil in a pan to about 150 c.
- With two desert spoons , make quenelle's out of the mixture and drop into the oil ..... three at a time.
- Cook for around 5 minutes , or until the bhaji's are floating.
- Drain on some kitchen roll and serve with yogurt and mint dip.
' Ideal as a starter or as a light snack - Indian comfort food.... '