Four Cheese Omelette
' Back in the day's that Pizza did not exist , all we had was the humble omelette .... And if you think about it you can make an omelette with anything you can make a pizza with . The omelette is indeed the predecessor to the pizza. all we need is a couple of eggs & some cheese to get started.... '
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 Spring Onions
- 50 g cheddar Cheese
- 25 g Mozzarella cheese
- 50 g Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 50 g Double Gloucester Cheese
- 25 g Butter
- Chives to finish
- Melt the butter in a frying pan
- Fry off the spring onions in the pan for a few mins
- crack the eggs into a bowl , beat with a fork then add to the pan. Mix into the onions.
- Let the eggs cook fully on the underside.
- With a slice , remove the half cooked omelette on to a plate.
- Add the four cheeses to the omelette , and fold in half.
- Cook in the oven at 150 c for about 5 mins , or until the cheese is fully melted.
' Serve straight from the oven , and garnish with chopped chives ... '