Mint & Vegetable Couscous
- 110 g of Plain Couscous
- 160 ml of Boiling Water
- 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp of Vegetable Bouillon powder or 1 Veg Stock Cube.
- 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper
- 3 tsp of Mint Sauce
- 10 g of Salted Butter
- Fine diced Peppers & Red Onion (Optional)
I created this delicious Vegetarian Couscous recipe as an accompaniment for Moroccan Lamb. The contrast between the Moroccan seasoned lamb and the delicate flavour of mint in the Couscous smells devine and taste delicious.
The Couscous recipe is a great Vegan or Vegetarian option than can be served on it's own or as a side dish.'
- Mix together the Smoked Paprika, Vegetable Stock & the Black Pepper into a small bowl and set aside.
- Measure out 110 g of Couscous into a plastic container. This should serve two nicely but could probably be streached to three as an accomaniment.
- At this stage you can dice up 1/4 of a Yellow or Green pepper and 1/2 a Red onion if you are going to add this to the couscous.
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil then measure out 160 ml into a measuring jug. Add the 3 tsp of mint sauce to the water and mix it together.
- Combine the spice mix that you made up earlier into the dry Couscous and mix it all together with a fork.
- Add the onion and peppers at this stage (Optional)
- Pour on the 160 ml of boiling water and mint on to the Couscous and combine it with a fork so that all of the Couscous is soaked.
- Cover with a lid and let the Couscous Absorbe the water for 5 minutes.
- Add a lump of butter and mix it in with a fork.
- Serve piping hot as a snack or side dish or Cold as a salad.