Mini Sausage Rolls
To Make The Sausage Rolls
- In a small bowl mix 1 tablespoon of flour with a splash of water, enough to make a thick paste.
- In a large bowl, mix up the pork sausage meat with the pepper & Thyme.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheet to about 24" length then cut in half so that you have two 12 " sheets.
- Cut thees sheets in half to leave two 6" sheets.
- About 2 inches in, fill the pastry sheet with sausage meat then along the far edge apply a generous amount of the flour paste.
- Roll the pastry into a long sausage roll so that the paste seals the edge.
- Cut into 6 mini sausage rolls.
- Do this for the rest of the pastry sheets.
- Put your sausage rolls onto a greased backing tray and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Remove the backing tray from the fridge.
- Using a sharp knife cut two diagonal deep cuts into each of the sausage roll.
- Coat the sausage rolls with egg wash so that they brown.
- Cook on the tray in a preheated oven @180 c for 25 minutes.
These sausage rolls are a must for any buffet - You should get about 24 out of this recipe ....