- 2 tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 60 ml Tomato Paste
- 30 ml Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 tsp of Dry Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes
This Marinara sauce Recipe is a slightly tangy tomato pasta sauce that has been made famous as a Sub sandwich sauce. it is truly delicious ....
- Peal your onion and just slice it in half, then throw it into a thick bottom or cast iron cooking pot.
- Add the two tins of chopped tomatoes and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and stir. Turn on the heat and start to bring it to the boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, Garlic, Oregano, Black Pepper & Tomato Paste.
- Mix this together with a wooden spoon.
- When the sauce is boiling reduce to a low simmer.
- You need to simmer this sauce for at least 45 minutes , the longer the better.
- When the sauce is finished remove the onion and then if you wish you can blend the sauce, I just get a potato masher in there and mash it down.
This is the sauce that is used in that classic Sub Meatball Sandwich........