- 200 g Red Lentils
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy garlic
- 2 Red peppers
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoons Curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon English Mustard
- 1 teaspoonVeg Bouillon
- 2 Bay leafs
' Lentils are low in calories , high in fibber and full of protein. These pulses are predominantly Brown , green and red. For this Indian Lentil Dhal recipe I am using Split red Lentils.
This Lentil Dhal is so full of flavour and a great vegetarian dish ,good as a main course or as a starter
- Dice up the onion and add the garlic to it.
- In a large oven dish , put the olive oil and slowly fry off the onions and garlic.
- Mix together the Cumin , Turmeric , curry powder , coriander , chilli powder & Mustard into a bowl.
- Add the spice mix to the casserole dish of onions & garlic. Add the bay leafs and cover.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Make up 400 -500 ml of vegetable stock , with the veg bouillon and lentils.
- Add the stock mix to the onions , cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Keep checking the pot and add 100 ml of boiling water if the dhal is sticking to the bottom of the dish.
- Cook for 30 minutes then serve.
'Serve with rice and onion bhaji ... '