Lemon Toffee Syrup
- 80 g Caster Sugar
- 200 ml Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon
Try this easy recipe for lemon toffee syrup. Just three ingredients and a bit of time and you will have the perfect Lemon syrup.
Ideal for topping Lemon muffins or cakes. Just be careful this stuff is pretty hot.
- Juice 2 - 4 fresh Lemons , you are going to need 200 ml of lemon juice.
- Put the caster sugar into a saucepan on a low heat.
- Add the Lemon juice to the sugar and slowly bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Let the mixture simmer for around 10 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolved and the syrup has thickened slightly.
- Add the Lemon Zest.
- Decant the Syrup into a jar or bowl and allow to cool.
If you want a thinner syrup then simmer for less time , about 5 minutes. The longer you simmer this the thicker it will become....