Lamb Koftas / Kebabs
- 500 g Minced Lamb
- 1 Red onion
- 10 g Fresh Mint
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy garlic / 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Thyme
- 1 pinch of Chilli Flakes
- 30 g Butter
- 2 desert spoons of natural plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of mint sauce.
Take a look at this recipe for Minted Lamb Skewers, some people call them koftas, some people call them kebabs. What ever you call them you are going to say the are delicious.
The perfect summer BBQ snack
- Put the minced Lamb into a large mixing bowl , and crunch it up with your hands.
- Add the diced up onion , Garlic , Thyme , Ginger , Chilli flakes & chopped up Mint to the meat.
- Combine all the ingredients with your hands until the lamb mince and all of the ingredients are evenly mixed in.
- You should get about 10 4" kebabs out of this mix , so divide the meat up into balls.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball into a sausage that is 4" long. Skewer the sausage with a wooden kebab stick that is about 8" long. Set each Kebab aside.
- When all kebabs are done , refrigerate them for a minimum of 30 minutes.
To cook the kebabs :
- In a griddle pan melt the butter , then cook the kebabs , turning every 2 minutes until cooked all over.
- In a ramekin mix up 2 desert spoons of plain yogurt with 1 teaspoon of mint sauce.
- When the kebabs are cooked , place on some kitchen roll to drain , then serve with the sauce.
' Can be eaten as a light snack or as a starter , ready for a good old BBQ ... '