Lamb Koftas / Kebabs
The British summer season is probably one of the shortest seasons in the calendar , so we need to make the most of it. Us Brit's love a good BBQ so we need some great products to cook on it.
These Minted Lamb Koftas are fantastic to cook on any BBQ ,
- 500 g Minced Lamb
- 1 Red onion
- 10 g Fresh Mint
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy garlic / 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Thyme
- 1 pinch of Chilli Flakes
- 30 g Butter
- 2 desert spoons of natural plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of mint sauce.
- Put the minced Lamb into a large mixing bowl , and crunch it up with your hands.
- Add the diced up onion , Garlic , Thyme , Ginger , Chilli flakes & chopped up Mint to the meat.
- Combine all the ingredients with your hands until the lamb mince and all of the ingredients are evenly mixed in.
- You should get about 10 4" kebabs out of this mix , so divide the meat up into balls.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball into a sausage that is 4" long. Skewer the sausage with a wooden kebab stick that is about 8" long. Set each Kebab aside.
- When all kebabs are done , refrigerate them for a minimum of 30 minutes.
To cook the kebabs :
- In a griddle pan melt the butter , then cook the kebabs , turning every 2 minutes until cooked all over.
- In a ramekin mix up 2 desert spoons of plain yogurt with 1 teaspoon of mint sauce.
- When the kebabs are cooked , place on some kitchen roll to drain , then serve with the sauce.
' Can be eaten as a light snack or as a starter , ready for a good old BBQ ... '