Jam Roly Poly
- 175 g Self raising flour
- 85 g Vegetable suet
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 85 ml Cold milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 150 g of Jam
'This Jam Roly Poly recipe is very simple and the results are just the best
Guaranteed to bring back memories of those old school dinners, this roly poly is a pudding the kids are going to love as much today as they ever did.... '
- Start by getting the Flour, Suet, Sugar and Salt into a mixing bowl. Combine these ingredients with a fork.
- Next start adding the cold milk, continue mixing this in with the fork until it starts to for a loose paste, then get your hands in and form the dough together.
- When you have a loose dough ball , tip it out onto a floured surface and kneed it for a few minutes so that is becomes fully formed.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape , a little bigger than an A4 sheet of paper.
- Spread the Jam into the dough leaving a border of about 1 inch all around. Don't spread the Jam to thick.
- Start roling the Roly Poly from the one end , tight at first then a loose roll to the end. you will see the jam rolling out as you progress.
- Then you can place an A4 sheet of paper on top of the dough as a template and cut it out to that size. This will give you a nice clean rectangular dough.
- You are going to need a sheet of tin foil and a sheet of silicon paper (You can use grease proof paper if you dont have any silicon paper, but you will need to greas this up a little.)
- Put the Silicone paper on top of the tin foil, this should be long enough and wide enough to be able to wrap the Roly Poly completely.
- Put the Roly Poly in the middle of the paper with the seal side down.
- Bring both ends of the foil up to join in the centre, then pleat the foil at the top. Keep folding it down so that the Roly Poly is completely wrapped, then fold in the end to make a sealed parcel.
- Half fill an oven tray with boiling water and put at the bottom of the oven (About a liter should do)
- Put the Roly Poly on the oven rack above the water.
- Cook for 55 minutes at 180 c.
- Be caerful when unwrapping this, let it cool for 20 minutes first.
Enjoy this delicious Jam Roly Poly with piping hot custard........