Jam Doughnut Muffins
- 200 g of butter
- 200 g of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml soured cream
- 300 g of self raising flour
- 12 tsp of seedless jam of your choice
' These are not traditional muffins and they are not traditional doughnuts either, what they are doesn't really matter because they are simple and delicious muffin cakes filled with jam.... '
- Preheat the oven to 180 c
- Line a standard 12 cup muffin tray with paper cases
- Add the softened butter and the sugar into a mixing bowl and combine with a wooden spoon or an electric whisk so that it is light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the eggs and soured cream. The mixture may look like it has curdled but this is normal.
- Sift in the self raising flour and fold into mixture until fully combined.
- Add a 25 g or just over a tablespoon of mixture into each paper case and level it out with the back of a spoon.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture, just deep enough not to go through to the bottom.
- spoon in a tsp of jam into centre of each.
- Cover the jam with another 2 table spoon of mixture or enough to bring it almost to the top of the case. Then level this out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes so that the muffins are a golden brown colour. You should be able to insert a knife into the muffin and it should come out clean if they are cooked.
- Allow to cool and remove paper cases and roll each cake in caster sugar to finish them off.
Thanks to my only friend in the world for this recipe , 'Caroline Hayes-Real ' She makes these far better than I could ever do....