- 1 Fresh Chicken Breast
- 1 Rasher of Smoked Back Bacon
- Cheese / Red Leicester , Cheddar & Double Gloucester
- 25 g Salted Butter
- Olive Oil
- BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tsp of water
' Sunday afternoon , sitting with the family in your local country pub ..... There are many dishes that spring to mind , one of which has to be -Hunters Chicken- ? A succulent chicken breast , topped with smoked back bacon and smothered with a mix of three different cheese - Cheddar , Red Leicester & Double Gloucester .... then finished off with a BBQ sauce. '
- Slice the chicken breast through the centre (Butterfly it) so you can open it up.
- Put the butter and Olive Oil in a Griddle Pan , when hot fry the Chicken breast for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove Chicken from pan , put the raw bacon on top of the chicken then fold it flat in tin foil (Aluminium cooking foil). Cook in a preheated oven at 180 c for 25 mins.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and smother with the cheese.
- Flash under the grill for a few minutes or Cook in the oven for a further 5 mins, until the cheese is melted.
- Plate up the chicken breast and top with hot BBQ sauce.
- You can add a few spoons of water to the BBQ sauce if it is out of a bottle and a bit thick.