- 1 Fresh Chicken Breast
- 1 Rasher of Smoked Back Bacon
- Cheese / Red Leicester , Cheddar & Double Gloucester
- 25 g Salted Butter
- Olive Oil
- BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tsp of water
' Sunday afternoon , sitting with the family in your local country pub ..... There are many dishes that spring to mind , one of which has to be -Hunters Chicken- ? A succulent chicken breast , topped with smoked back bacon and smothered with a mix of three different cheese - Cheddar , Red Leicester & Double Gloucester .... then finished off with a BBQ sauce. '
- Slice the chicken breast through the centre (Butterfly it) so you can open it up.
- Put the butter and Olive Oil in a Griddle Pan , when hot fry the Chicken breast for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove Chicken from pan , put the raw bacon on top of the chicken then put the breast of chicken and bacon flat in tin foil (Aluminium cooking foil). Fold the foil into an flat, sealed parcel then cook in a preheated oven at 180 c for 25 mins.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and smother with the cheese.
- Flash under the grill for a few minutes or Cook in the oven for a further 5 mins, until the cheese is melted.
- Plate up the chicken breast and top with hot BBQ sauce.
- You can add a few spoons of water to the BBQ sauce if it is out of a bottle and a bit thick.