Honey and Garlic Chicken Breast
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 tsp of lazy garlic or crushed Garlic
- 4 Cloves of fresh Garlic (Crushed)
- 80 ml of Honey
- 60 ml of Chicken stock (1 Stock cube)
- 30 ml White wine vinegar
- 15 ml light soy sauce
In this recipe for Honey and Garlic Chicken the chicken breast is cooked on a char grill or griddle pan then held in a hot oven while you make up the Sticky Honey and Garlic Sauce.
You should make up the sauce in the same pan that you cooked the chicken in for extra flavour. When the sauce is thick you can add the Chicken Breasts back into the pan and coat them with the Sticky Honey and Garlic sauce.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts through the centre so that you have four flat halfs of chicken.
- Heat up a little oil in a griddle pan and cook the chickens for about 8 minutes each side, turning half way through so that you get some nice griddle lines on the meat.
- While the Chicken is cooking crush the garlic cloves with the side of a knife and throw them into the pan with the chicken.
- When the Chicken is cooked wrap it in tin foil and hold in an oven set to about 100 c.
- Add about 15 ml of the chicken juice from the griddle pan into a fresh pan and bring up the heat.
- Add the 2 tsp of crushed garlic to the pan and mix in with a wooden spoon.
- Add the Honey, soy Sauce, Chicken stock and White wine vinegar to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes so that the sauce thickens.
- Remove the cooked chickens from the oven and place them in the sauce, turn the chickens in the sauce so that they are fully coated.
' Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with Rice, Pasta or Couscous. '