- 1 Diced Carrot
- 1 Diced Onion
- 200 ml of Full Fat Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 284 ml Single Cream
- 40 ml of Pure clear Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Flour
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Large Splash of Olive Oil
- Pepper for seasoning
- Dice up the carrots so that they are into small cubes.
- Dice up the Onion so that it is in small cubes.
- Get a large splash of Olive Oil in a deep pan and fry off the Carrots & Onions for 10 minutes until they are slightly soft.
- Add the teaspoon of Flour and mix together with the Oil , Carrots & Onions.
- Mix in the Two Egg yolks.
- Add the Milk and stir together with the Single Cream.
- When the sauce is simmering add the Honey , Dijon and Wholegrain mustard.
- Season with the pepper and add the Bay Leaf.
- Leave to simmer on a low heat for at least 10 minutes.
The longer you let this simmer the richer the sauce will become...