Honey & Mustard Cooking Sauce
Ingredie recipe ideants :
- 1 Diced Carrot
- 1 Diced Onion
- 200 ml of Full Fat Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 284 ml Single Cream
- 40 ml of Pure clear Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Flour
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Large Splash of Olive Oil
- Pepper for seasoning
Here is a great little recipe idea for making a Honey and Mustard cooking sauce.
You can buy these cooking sauces in any supermarket but if you try this cooking sauce recipe you will taste the difference. And it is great with Chicken, Vegetables or even pasta.
- Dice up the carrots so that they are into small cubes.
- Dice up the Onion so that it is in small cubes.
- Get a large splash of Olive Oil in a deep pan and fry off the Carrots & Onions for 10 minutes until they are slightly soft.
- Add the teaspoon of Flour and mix together with the Oil , Carrots & Onions.
- Mix in the Two Egg yolks.
- Add the Milk and stir together with the Single Cream.
- When the sauce is simmering add the Honey , Dijon and Wholegrain mustard.
- Season with the pepper and add the Bay Leaf.
- Leave to simmer on a low heat for at least 10 minutes.
The longer you let this simmer the richer the sauce will become...