Hollandaise sauce is a French sauce made from butter and egg yolks , with lemon juice and tarragon for flavour. this sauce is used in 'eggs Benedict ' and is also good with steak.
Hollandaise is not unlike Bearnaise sauce int hat it is made with eggs and butter. The difference is that Bearnaise has white wine and onions in it.
- 125 g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- Fresh tarragon (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Dice your butter in to small squares .
- Next separate the egg yolk from the albumen (The white) , in to a bowl.
- Have a pan of boiling water that you can you use as a bain marie , get a plastic bowl and rest it on top of the pan. Allow the water to simmer.
- Put your egg yolks into the plastic bowl and with a whisk beat them over the simmering water.
- When the eggs are well beaten , you can start adding the butter cub by cube, mixing each cube into the eggs until it has been incorporated into the sauce.
- When all the butter is mixed in (About 20 mins) , add your tarragon and lemon juice, continue mixing until the sauce is thickened.
' This sauce is great for Eggs Benedict or a nice juice fillet steak or Chateaubriand ... '