- 400 g Grated Potato
- 1 Diced Brown Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 30 g Cornflour
- 30 g Plain Flour
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Oil for frying.
The ultimate breakfast deserves the perfect Hash Brown to go with it.
These grated potato Rosti's are the ultimate in breakfast potatoes. Light crispy golden brown potatoes are perfect served with the full English Breakfast of Sausage, egg , bacon , black pudding , beans & tomatoes.
- Peel then grate 5 or 6 medium potatoes , so you get 400 g of shredded potato.
- Soak the shredded potato in cold water for 30 minutes until all of the starch is out and the water is cloudy. Run under a cold tap for a few minutes to remove the cloudy water.
- Drain the potatoes of all water so that they are dry.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry potato with the diced onion, Salt, Pepper, Cornflour , plain flour & Egg.
- Mix together well with a fork.
- Heat about 100 ml of oil in a large base frying pan.
- Using a 1/2 cup , measure out enough of the mixture to fill the cup.
- Drop into the hot oil and fry.
- Flatten out to the desired shape with a fish slice, turn and cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy.