- 250 g Fresh Green beans
- 400 g of Mushroom soup (1 Tin)
- 5 Brown onions
- 100 ml Milk
- 1-2 oz Flour
- vegetable Oil (For frying)
- 1 tablespoon of light Soy Sauce
- 1 desert spoon of cornflour
- 2 desert spoons of water
- Pepper for seasoning
- Peel and slice up the onions into onion rings.
- Put the onions into the milk and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Put the onions a handful at a time into a a container of flour , cover and shake to fully coat the onions in flour.
- With a fork , drop the onions into a shallow pan of vegetable oil @ 180 c until golden brown. Cook all of the onions this way and drain on some kitchen roll, then store in a container.
- Empty the mushroom soup into a pan and warm slowly, add the soy sauce and season with pepper.
- Add the Green beans to the sauce , cover and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile , make up your cornflour mix ready to add to the sauce.
- When the beans are Al Dante , add the cornflour to the pan and mix until the sauce is thickened.
- Decant the sauce and bean mix into an oven proof backing dish , until three quarters full.
- Top with the French fried onions and bake in a preheated oven @180 c for 30 minutes.
' A great side dish for a festive lunch , or just an alternative vegetarian meal.... '