Fruity Chicken Curry
- 350 g ripped cooked chicken
- 40 g Butter
- 30 g plain flour
- 2 onions
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 4 tsp Hot curry powder
- 25 g soft brown sugar
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 600 ml chick & veg stock
- 15 ml tomato paste
- Dice up your onions and your apple then mix in the garlic and a splash of olive oil.
- Melt the butter and a splash of olive oil in a flame proof cooking pot.
- Cook the Apples & Onions on a low heat until soft, normally takes around 10 or 15 minutes.
- While the onions & apples are cooking , make up 600 ml of chicken and veg stock using the stock cubes. Set this aside for a few minutes.
- Add the soft brown sugar to the pan and mix in well. Let this caramelise for a few minutes.
- Add the curry powder and the flour to form a thick roux.
- Slowly add the 600 ml of stock to the pot , stirring well with a whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken to the sauce.
- Finally , you need to add the tomato paste.
- Keep stirring and allow to cook for a few minutes to thicken.